- "The rock doesn't choose the river, nor the river the rock, yet neither would exist without the other."
- —Master Smith about Lo Wang's and Kamiko's "special" relationship.
Smith Masamune is an important character appearing in Shadow Warrior 2.
Before Shadow Warrior 2 Edit
Smith is a well known Kung-fu teacher, founder of a ninja school and a well known blacksmith. After the Collision he also became a mechanic - it was probably because of this 'profession' that he met Lo Wang. He is also a Ki Vendor.
Shadow Warrior 2 Edit
When Kamiko is poisoned by Orochi Zilla, he transfers her soul to Lo Wang to put her in his care, something both parties aren't exactly fond of. He then asks Wang to bring three ingredients needed to make a cure for Kamiko. Then he can assign us to first 2 parts of sidequest "Stolen Scrolls" (last one is assigned by Hideo, however in final part of questline player speaks with Smith).
After that he connects with Lo Wang after reaching Outer Gates for the first time, when he announce that Zilla Corps attacks this territory, probably looking for Kamiko body. When Lo Wang arrives he meets Smith heavily wounded by mutated Kamiko body and some dark magic. After puting cure into bottle and discussing for a moment with both Lo Wang and Kamiko he decides - in order to be with them for a little longer - put his soul into Soul Well.
Smith is a calm, friendly and wise person. His patience runs deep and long, but of course a character like Lo Wang can easily run through this patience. He knows when to be intimidating, something even Lo Wang fears as he will usually stop his dick jokes immediately.
- His unusual, for a Japanese, skin color is caused by a fact that his father was an American soldier from WW II.
- Smith's ancestor, Goro Nyudo Masamune , is a well known 13th-14th century swordsmith from Japan.
- One of his ancestors was responsible for creating Nobitsura Kage.